- The club's emphasis is on prototype operations.
- A 4-card waybill system is used to route 24 trains in a typical
- All operations are controlled by a Digitrax DCC system with up to 8
operators at one time.
- All bench work is cantilevered against standing posts. There are
no support legs at the front on the layout.
- Except for one yard, there is no hidden trackage.
- Grades are less than 1/2 percent over the entire layout.
- The walk-in design has no multi-levels, bridges or duck-unders (except
for one to enter the staging yard).
- Except for the town and yard areas, all the track is on spline roadbed
made from 1/8 hardboard cut into 1" strips and glued together with wooden